Have a fun kids Halloween scavenger hunt using these free printable clues! This is an easy scavenger hunt idea to do indoors.
What to do for Halloween this year with kids
So the big question I keep seeing, "what are you doing for Halloween this year?"
I've been doing a lot of thinking and planning for what we are going to do for Halloween with our two kids this year.
We won't be going trick-or-treating this year. But that doesn't mean Halloween is cancelled (I hate that term and way of thinking!).
So I've been thinking about other fun Halloween activities, and there are so many to do!
Fun Indoor Halloween Ideas For Kids
We aren't going trick-or-treating this year, but that doesn't mean we aren't going to have lots of fun on Halloween! We're going to be doing lots in our own home this year.
Here's what we have planned:
- Halloween scavenger hunt in the house (free printable clues below)
- Filling out an All About Me sheet (free printable worksheet below)
- Making our favorite pumpkin pie smoothie
- Sitting outside and drinking a hot pumpkin spice drink
- Some creative pumpkin painting
Halloween Scavenger Hunt - How to Play
This kids Halloween scavenger hunt will take your little ones around the familiar spots in your home. It's an easy game I used to play when I was younger.
In case you aren't familiar with how these indoor scavenger hunts work, here's the quick rundown.
You'll hand the first clue to your kid. When they find the hidden spot, you will have already hidden the next clue and a piece of candy there. And on it goes, until your kid finds the last hiding spot.
In the last hiding spot, I like to put the big prize. This year, the kids are getting matching glow-in-the-dark skeleton pajamas.
So, it will require a few minutes to set up since you need to hide all the clues and candy beforehand.
Free Halloween Scavenger Hunt Ideas - Clues for Kids
This is just a quick list of my printable Halloween scavenger hunt clues. You'll need to print, cut, and hide the clues.
You can obviously do these in any order, but my suggestion is to strategically place these clues to maximize the back-and-forth the distance your kid one has to go for the next clue. For example, I probably won't put my refrigerator clue following the dishwasher one.
Scavenger hunt clues from the free printables below
- Dishwasher - "Dishes go inside me when dirty and come out clean."
- Pillow - "You close your eyes, then put your head on me."
- Cereal - "Eat me for breakfast. I go crunch crunch crunch."
- Refrigerator or freezer - "Brrr! It's cold here! Open me to find icy treats."
- Shoe - "Going out? Step in me first."
- Some screen device - "I'm a flat rectangle. Turn me on and I make lots of color and sound."
- Table - "I have four legs and you eat on me."
- Vacuum - "I make a roar and suck up all the dust."
- Toothbrush - "Twice a day, I keep your pearly whites clean."
- Umbrella - "Rain rain go away. Open me and I'll keep you dry."
- Stairs - "Hold the rail, then climb up or down."
- Bathtub - "Fill me up and you can soak in bubbles."
I also included a blank printable template so you can make up your own clues. If you have a fun special spot in your home, be sure to hide a clue there!
Have a Halloween scavenger hunt for kids
Here's a peak of the printable scavenger hunt clues that I made. They are very simply worded, and hopefully not too tricky for a young kid.
You'll find the link for the full PDF download below these.
Happy Halloween and happy hunting!
Fun Halloween All About Me Worksheet for Kids
The second activity I have planned is this All About Me Worksheet. Again, the PDF printable is at the bottom of the post.
We did a similar version at the beginning of the school year. And now, we're going to do this worksheet again to compare how our kid has grown.
- Did we grow taller?
- Did we get heavier?
- Did we celebrate a birthday?
It also has space for kids to draw a self-portrait again. This time, the drawing should be in Halloween costume!
And our son's favorite part, his signature.